Content Delivery Network from Total Server Solutions
Get the reach you need with a CDN from Total Server Solutions. Your customers are everywhere, so that’s where your content needs to be, everywhere. Your content is distributed across a vast network so that it’s always close to your audience.
What is a CDN?
CDN is short for Content Delivery Network. It helps deliver your content quickly, no matter where your customers are. Social media providers, video sites, gaming sites, these are some of the types of sites that make extensive use of content delivery networks. Their users are spread out and site owners need their content to reach their audience quickly, no matter where they’re at. That’s where a CDN comes in. Our CDN utilizes equipment in over 150 data centers around the world so that wherever your audience happens to be, they’re always close to your content.
What are the benefits of a CDN?
- Speed - Your viewers get their content quickly, regardless of where they’re located.
- Resilience - In the rare instance you experience a problem with one of your primary servers or cloud instances, your content will continue to flow from the locations you use on the CDN.
- Improve SEO - SEO is crucial to the performance of your business. A key factor to improve SEO rankings is site speed. As your site speeds increase your rankings improve. That helps customers find you!
- Increase Conversions - If your site is faster, your viewers are happier. They're not waiting, they're buying. Increasing speed is the best way to enhance the user experience for your customers. If your customers have a good experience, they buy more!
- Geoblocking - You can limit the availability of your content based on the location of those accessing it. If there are some areas where you do not want your content visible, they can be restricted.
Our CDN Helps Your Content Load Faster!
As the amount of content required for your site to load increases, so does the load time. If you’re not utilizing the power of a CDN to help server your content, you’re wasting time. More importantly, you’re wasting the time of your viewers. As load time increases, engagement decreases. This is especially true of ecommerce transactions. As the load times for your site or your shopping cart increase, cart abandonment and cancelled transaction rates soar.
This graph shows an approximation of various site components and how load times decrease when content is served from our CDN rather from a single central server. As you can see, there is a dramatic decrease in load time. This leads to happier viewers, fewer abandoned carts, and more completed transactions!
Our CDN nodes are close to your customers, wherever they are!
Total Server Solutions is headquartered in North America. We know the market and the needs of the market very well. Our extensive infrastructure provides high levels of connectivity to our entire customer base. Our CDN presence utilizes our own equipment both in our own facilities as well as other facilities throughout the continent.
- Atlanta, GA
- Los Angeles, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Phoenix, AZ
- Ashburn, VA
- Chicago, IL
- Weehawken, NJ
- Dallas, TX
- Sacramento, CA
- Arlington, VA
- Cleveland, OH
- Southfield, MI
- Miami, FL
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Europe boasts some of the highest population densities in the world. Our CDN is fully capable of meeting all of your needs in this part of the world. We have over twenty locations in this highly competitive, bandwidth heavy market. We add new nodes frequently based on demand so you’ll always see new nodes popping up.
- Paris, France
- Frankfurt, Germany
- Madrid, Spain
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- London, United Kingdom
- Budapest, Hungary
- Belgrade, Serbia
- Sofia, Bulgaria
- Stockholm, Sweden
- Karlskrona, Sweden
- Dublin, Ireland
- Helsingborg, Sweden
- Zagreb, Croatia
- Milan, Italy
- Kharkov, Ukraine
- Ashford, United Kingdom
- Kungalv, Sweden
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Athens, Greece
- Warsaw, Poland
- Brussels, Belgium
- Kungsbacka, Sweden
Asia is another continent where Total Server Solutions has a robust CDN presence. In addition to the locations that we currently have, our team is constantly evaluating and adding new locations to grow our Asian presence. While our current blend of locations is concentrated in western Asia, we have plans to expand in India, China, Japan, and throughout Oceania.
- Tokyo, Japan
- Moscow, Russia
- Ankara, Turkey
- Istanbul, Turkey
- Izmir, Turkey
- Delhi, India
- Bursa, Turkey
Our CDN supports the following protocols & content types:
The Total Server Solutions CDN enables HTTP pull, push and caching for web content. With HTTP pull, content is pulled to an end user's closest CDN location when they request it, and is then available locally to other users that request it. Otherwise it stays on the origin server - the server that 'owns' the content. It's best suited for smaller file sizes, where the time taken to retrieve the original file from the origin server, for the first users in each location, will not be particularly noticeable. Once there's a local copy, local users will be served that copy until it changes.
With HTTP push, content is automatically distributed or 'pushed' to a selection of CDN locations when it is added to the origin server, or when it changes. It's better suited to larger files like software installers and patches, and when files are typically 50MB or larger - files that would take end users longer to download from the origin, if there isn't a local copy of the latest version.
Web Content - Caching
The Total Server Solutions CDN also supports static and dynamic HTTP content caching at any CDN location. HTTP caching offloads web content onto the CDN network, and ensures that content is delivered more quickly by storing a copy at each CDN location.
Video on Demand
The Total Server Solutions CDN allows you to deliver video files on request with YouTube-like control over playback, using features such as fast forward or rewind, and have the video buffer from that point instead of having to wait for video to download as with normal progressive streaming. Playback is up to 1080p. This protocol uses Nginix to serve videos through normal HTTP, supporting:
- FLV (Flash Video - .flv)
- MP4 (QuickTime container - .mp4, .f4v, .mov, .m4v, .mp4a, .3gp, and .3g2)
- H.264/AAC content in MP4 container files can be delivered to any supported player technology
- Adobe® Flash®
- Apple® iOS: iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod® touch
- Microsoft® Silverlight®
- Apple QuickTime™
- Android™, Blackberry® and other 3GPP platforms
And the following platforms for video on demand:
With live streaming, content providers can broadcast high quality live video to end users, without buffering. Our CDN gives you access to a wide range of live streaming locations. Our CDN live streaming is enabled by Wowza Media Server 3, the leading high-performance media server. It supports:
- Adobe - RTMP / RTMPE / RTMPT
- Android - RTSP/RTP
- Flash - HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS)
- Apple – HTTP Streaming (HLS) for iPhone, iPod, iTouch
- Microsoft – Smooth Streaming for SilverLight
Reporting & analytics
Total Server Solution's CDN includes a range of reports that help you and your customers understand how different content and locations are performing. You can display reports as graphs and tables and export as a CSV for further analysis. CDN statistics can be viewed by CDN protocol type (HTTP Pull, Video on Demand etc); data type (cached and non-cached); by specific edge servers and groups of edges; by owner, country and time period; for live streaming and concurrent usage of live video streams; for CPU usage per edge and storage server; and for billing statistics.
Our CDN provides a number of features to protect your customers' content and help them to implement their own content delivery policies.
- SSL support (vanity and shared certificates) from the origin to the CDN, and from the CDN to the end user
- Link encryption for Flash (RTMPS, RTMPE, RTMPTE) to protect against content intrusion, unauthorized diversion and stream ripping
- Secure Token support against spoofing/stream interceptors
- Geoblocking support (include/exclude content access for specific locations)
- Anti-leech support for streams
- Hotlink prevention
Total Server Solution's CDN has over 110 global locations spread across the major population centers. This ensures the majority of your customers are within quick access to a local CDN point of presence.
Full Featured API
The Total Server Solutions CDN supports a full featured API. The API allows your code to hook into the power of our CDN. Build, customize, and deploy, our CDN can handle whatever you throw at it.
- OnApp API is fully backward compatible starting with version 3.0
- The OnApp API is RESTful
- All function calls respond to XMS and JSON exchange formats
- All function calls need authorization and authentication (Basic HTTP or API key)